Wednesday, February 15, 2012

N Week- Nest Lunch and a Nutella Treat

When I plan our letter of the week activities, I do a Google Images search for lunches or snacks that fit with our theme. When I came across this incredibly cute nest lunch, I knew I had a winner.


The chicks in the original were made with meatballs, but I didn't feel like making any, so I used  pieces of hot dog instead. The eyes are vanilla chips with dark chocolate painted on the middle with a toothpick.


After lunch, we had some fun in the kitchen. Just in time for N week, I saw this recipe for Nutella "ice cream." All it takes are bananas and Nutella, a whirl in the food processor, and some time in the freezer. Trip was thrilled to get to push the button and watch the mixture come together.


While I poured the deliciousness into the popsicle molds, Trip enjoyed licking the Nutella off of the measuring cup.


Our popsicles didn't set up enough in the fridge freezer, so I ended up just scooping our treat out into bowls. We might have had better results in the deep freeze. It tasted great, in any case, so it was no big deal and Trip was happy to eat "ice cream" instead of a popsicle. Next time, I would probably increase the banana a little or decrease the Nutella. That might help it set up a little better.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds delicious! And what a cute nest lunch! And what a cute boy! :)

    ReplyDelete