Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Snow Ice Cream

Snow ice cream is a simple but fun treat that Daddy reminded me we should make for Trip. I gathered some fresh snow, a can of sweetened condensed milk, and some vanilla extract, then we were ready to get mixing. The proportions aren't exact. Just add enough sweetened condensed milk to sweeten the snow and just a splash of vanilla to enhance the flavor.

Trip was already tasting our concoction before we mixed it.


After a few turns of the bowl with the spoon, he was ready for a bigger taste.


He then enjoyed dipping graham cookies in the snow.


"Deeeee-wishous!" And cold!


Making snow ice cream made me think about "Little House in the Big Woods" and reading about the Ingalls family making candy by pouring hot maple syrup onto beds of clean snow. I found a recipe for Maple Snow Taffy, but didn't end up trying it before our snow was gone. Maybe it will be a fun treat for our next snowy days.

Do you have any snow recipes to share? I would love to hear about them!

1 comment:

  1. Fun! Thanks for the tips. I look forward to trying this as well along with the taffy. What a great idea and trip down memory lane :)

    ReplyDelete